Report: Online Ad Rev At All-Time High, Video Growing At Record Pace

MediaPost, 10/12/10

Setting a new industry record, domestic online ad revenue reached $12.1 billion in the first half of the year, according to new findings from the Interactive Advertising Bureau and PwC. Demonstrating strong year-over-year growth, that represents an 11.3% increase over the first half of 2009.

Display-related advertising — which includes banner ads, rich media, digital video and sponsorships — totaled more than $4.4 billion in the first six months of 2010, showing a significant increase of close to 16% over the same period in 2009. In particular, digital video continues to experience record growth, this year achieving the highest half-year performance ever, and up 31% over the first half of 2009. Search advertising, meanwhile, remains the largest percentage of overall interactive spend at 47%, representing more than $5.7 billion for the first six months of 2010 — up 11.6% from the same period in 2009.

Read more

Want to partner with IDG?

Click here to get started