©IDG Communications, Inc. Photo contributed by Matthew Mikaelian.
When it comes to the mobile space, an important line is being drawn in the ether: that of influence by not necessarily conversion. New data out from L2 Think Tank indicates that mobiles are using increasingly using their devices – only not for purchasing Meanwhile, a new study out from ReRez Research on behalf of Symantec shows how quickly – or not – many brands are adopting the mobile space. According to the results:
• 66% say the benefits of mobile outweigh the risks
• For ‘Innovator’ businesses – those adopting mobile early – 28% use Android devices, 26% use iOS devices
• Three-quarters of Innovators have company polices for the use of ‘work’ smartphones/tablets
• Innovators have shown 44% revenue growth and 34% profit growth\
• ‘Traditionals’ – those adopting mobile more slowly – have shown 30% revenue growth and 23% profit growth