Categories: Mobile Research
Mobile Year in Review 2012 Infographic
Published on January 8th, 2013
Written by: IDG Knowledge Hub
This year, mobile tech and wireless innovation stole the spotlight. Take a look back at some of the most remarkable moments in Mobile Future’s 2012 Mobile Year in Review infographic.
- More than half of Americans now own smartphones.
- At 31 million tweets, the American election was the most Tweeted event in history.
- This Thanksgiving, Instagramers shared a record 10 million photos.
- Apple sold more mobile devices this year than they’ve sold computers ever.
- The U.S. leads the world in next-generation mobile.
- NASA’s Mars Rover checked-in on Foursquare from Mars.