International Data Group, United Business Media’s tech properties in the U.S. and Ziff Davis Enterprise—it would be a stretch to call any of these companies “tech publishers” anymore. That’s far too limiting.
Over the past several years, these tech media companies have expanded their capabilities by:
- Building online advertising businesses.
- Creating advertising networks.
- Starting research practices.
- Wading into lead generation.
- Launching marketing services divisions.
- Inventing social media consultancies.